In order for SIPORT to communicate with OIS, you have to create data points as well as a UBI port.
- Open the SIPORT kernel.
- Enter the following information:
- Select a site.
- Select a language.
- Click OK.
Creating Data Points
You have to create data points to be used in OIS. This step has to be performed for all SIPORT controllers so that OIS can read the status of the SIPORT controllers and readers/doors via the data points.
- The SIPORT kernel is displayed.
- Select Configuration > Port Definition.
- Double-click the required controller in order to create the relevant data points for communication with OIS.
- Click K32/K12 Parameters.
- Select the Options tab.
- Mark the 22: Changes of Attributes SP and FO raise events for TopSis check box.
- Click the Save data/parameters to file on control panel symbol.
- Click the Send data/parameters/routines to controller (download) symbol.
- To close the window, click Exit program.
- Click the Create SY data points in $$POIN symbol.
- To create data points, confirm the message by entering Yes.
- Click OK.
- To check the data points, select Databases > Data Points on the SIPORT kernel start page.
Creating a UBI Port
Afterwards, you have to create the UBI port.
- Select Configuration > Port > Definition.
- The W3Port window is displayed in SIPORT kernel.
- Click UBI.
- Select and double-click a free UBI port.
- Mark the check boxes 1 and 2.
- Enter a free TCP port number.
- Note the both the port number and TCP port number. You have to enter then this values in OIS Tools.
- Enter a name in the Identification column that indicates that the UBI port is used by OIS.
- Continue with the subsystem configuration with OIS Tools. For more information refer to: Subsystem Configuration with OIS Tools.