By default, the CUPS service is available on the local server. If the CUPS service is installed on an external server, perform the following steps to allow the remote access:
- Open the CUPS server terminal window and log in as root user.
- Enter the following command in the terminal window to open the CUPS configuration file:
- Comment out the following lines in the CUPS configuration file to avoid listening to the localhost:
# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
# Listen <some IP>
# Listen localhost:631
- Add the following lines to the CUPS configuration file to allow the remote access:
# Allow remote access
- Save the CUPS configuration file.
- Restart the CUPS service by entering the following command:
systemctl restart cups