If a single host acts as a license server, then
- licenses will be installed to this license server, which is running on local mode, and
- other PCs or VMs are set to remote mode, pointing to host.
By this way, you can use the licenses, served by the host. Therefore, licensed applications can be used in other PCs.
To work in this mode,
- Select License server (remote) option from the settings view.
- Type the server name or ip address to the Server Name textbox,
- Type the port number (by default 27000) and
- Click Save.
- LMU will restart and start at remote mode accordingly.
PCs can be physical or virtual in remote operation.