If the user faces any issue or error with LMU they can run CheckLMS.bat
CheckLMS.bat script is delivered as part of LMS installation and automatically installed on every system (in
%ProgramFiles%\Siemens\LMS\scripts) This script collects the system information and data regarding LMU operations.
There are two methods to run checkLMS.bat:
How to start the script on online site
- Double-click checkLMS.bat or run the checkLMS.bat script within a command shell.
- The result is an archive LMSLogArchive_XXX.7z, stored in
%ProgramData%\Siemens\LMSwhich contains the general log-file LMSStatusReport_XXX.log, stored in
%ProgramData%\Siemens\LMS\Logs(where XXX is replaced with your machine name).
- Open the general log-file in a text editor and review its content.
- In addition to the log-file, a cumulative log-file (LMSStatusReports_XXX.log) is created, which contains the result of each time the script runs. (where XXX is replaced with your machine name).
How to start the script on dark site
CheckLMS.bat /checkdownloadon a machine with LMS installed and make sure internet connection is ON.
- The script downloads newest available script, tools, etc. and creates a download zip archive
- Copy the downloaded zip archive file (LMSDownloadArchive_XXXXXXX.7z) from
C:\ProgramData\Siemens\LMSto the dark site in same folder.
- From the zip file copy newest CheckLMS.bat script to any folder on the dark site.
- Execute the copied CheckLMS.bat on the dark site by double clicking checkLMS.bat or run the checkLMS.bat script within a command shell. (Follow the steps mentioned in online site)