To restore the backup of license which are saved from LMU two steps are to be followed:
- Restore of Certificates, and
- Restore of Trusted Licenses.
Restore of Certificates
- Open the license backup path which got previously set in backup view of LMU.
- Open sub folders, first LMU_Backup, then > Certificates.
- All the certificates that have been backed up by LMU are in this path
Restore of Trusted Licenses
Before restoring the trusted licenses, you need to close
- All applications that are licensed by LMS, and
- Siemens BT License Service.
- Close LMU and all applications that are licensed by LMS.
- Stop the Siemens BT License Service service. To do so, first run the following command:
- Then stop the Siemens BT Licensing service
- Copy the content of the backup folder ...\[BackUp_Folder]\Certificates.
- Paste it to %ProgramData%\Siemens\LMS\Certificates.
- Copy the content of the backup folder ...\BackUp_Folder\Config.
- Paste it to %ProgramData%\Siemens\LMS\Config.
- Copy the content of the backup folder …\BackUp_Folder\FLEXnet.
- Paste it to %ProgramData%\FLEXnet.
- Restart the Siemens BT Licensing service.
- Start the LMU application. This allows the Trusted store licenses to be repaired automatically.
- In the «Licensed Products» page, under the Licensed Products pane, check for any red-colored cell in the Trust flag column.
- A red-colored cell indicates that the corresponding license needs to be repaired
- Repair each license which has conflict.
Please contact customer support if you are not able to successfully repair the license.