Offline activation requires no connection to the back office license server. This function installs the license rights manually copied from an engineering computer to the trusted license storage of the target computer.
This procedure is used if the target computer does not have an internet connection or is not allowed to access the internet.
For activation of licenses, the workflow consists of the following tasks:
- In LMU of the target system, the user selects all the features that need to be activated offline.
- The user generates the corresponding request file(s) and sends them to the engineering computer via Internet (Intranet, USB devices etc.).
- The engineer manually copies the generated request file(s) on the engineering computer and loads them up to the LMS server.
- In LMU of the engineering computer the engineer generates the corresponding response file(s).
- The user manually copies the response file(s) to the LMU of the target system.
- The user processes the response file(s) in the LMU of the target system. With this done the licenses are now activated.