If an administrator password is lost, there is no way to recover it.
If the thermostat is selected for commercial application, setting an administrator password can help prevent unauthorized access to “Advanced Settings” if it is installed in a public place. The password can be set in the setup wizard when the thermostat is powered the first time. It can be modified, deleted or set again under “Advanced Settings”.
Actions protected by the administrator password are listed below as well as under “Advanced Settings”.
- Checking the basic information about the thermostat.
- Viewing/Using the activation code of the thermostat.
- Changing or deactivating the administrator password.
- Setting up WLAN connection.
- Changing date and time.
- Changing application settings.
- Changing basic/extended configurations and doing factory resets.
If the thermostat is selected for residential application, options related to WLAN connection is accessible from “Settings” instead of “Advanced Settings”.
Create/activate administrator password under “Advanced Settings”
- From the Home screen, tap , and then tap . The “Advanced Settings” page displays.
- Tap , tap “Password” and then “Activate”.
- View the password policy on the screen, and then tap .
- Enter a strong password required by the password policy displayed on the screen, and then tap “OK”.
- Tap “OK”.
Manage the administrator password
- On the “Advanced Settings” page, tap and then tap “Password”.
- Modify or deactivate the administrator password.