Users with the User Admin role can view the organization's main page in Edge2Cloud and create new users. Use the following procedure to create a new user.
- You are a user with the User Admin role.
- Go to the organization where you want to create a new user.
- This organization will become the user's primary organization.
- Click New.
- Enter the following information about the user:
- Name. Enter the full name of the user.
- Email. Enter the user's email address. Each user much have a unique email address.
- Phone. Enter the user's phone number. Phone numbers must start with an international dialing code. For example, a US number starts with +1.
- Locale. Configure the user's language settings. The default is English (en).
- Roles. Use the check boxes to assign roles to the user.
- Access groups. Select access groups for the user.
- Click OK.
- The new user has been created.
New user registration
When new users are created, they will receive an email invitation to complete registration. New users are initially marked as Unregistered and must complete registration before they can interact with Edge2Cloud. After a new user has registered, they become Active. Use the following procedure to complete registration.
- The user has received an email invitation to complete registration with Edge2Cloud.
- Click on the link in the email.
- Log in for the first time.
- Use the same email address that received the invitation email.
- Use the temporary password provided in the invitation email.
- Create a new password.
- Click Login.
- On the User Registration page, click Register.
- The Acceptable use policy window will open.
- Scroll through all of the conditions and click I Accept.
- Click Continue.
- You are registered and can start using Edge2Cloud.
NOTE: Users without any roles can see all the organizations they belong to and can change their own name, phone number, and locale.