Registering a device connects it to Edge2Cloud. A device is always registered under an organization.
Use the following procedure to register a device in Edge2Cloud.
- You have the Device Manager role assigned to you.
- You have installed FIN version 5.0.6 or higher.
- You have created a new project.
- In the Site of the local Desigo Optic on the Site Essentials page, enter the latitude and longitude geo coordinates. These coordinates are used to depict the location on the Edge2Cloud home screen map.
- In Desigo Optic, select the Cloud app > Register with Edge2Cloud.
- You will redirect to the Edge2Cloud device registration website.
- Use the drop-down menu to select an organization for the device.
- Click Register.
- Desigo Optic will automatically connect to Edge2Cloud and synchronize its device, project, and site information. In the Cloud app, the status says "Connected".
NOTE: If registration is not completed within one hour from the time you click Register with Edge2Cloud or Registration QR code, FIN will only attempt to connect to Edge2Cloud services every 4 hours.