Supported LoRaWAN frequencies for available Connect Box hardware types are listed in the Hardware Data sheet (ID: A6V13605540).
- Install the Connect Box in a central location, capable of receiving data from all LoRaWAN equipment installed in the building as per datasheet instructions.
- Use the original antenna on the Connect Box and other LoRaWAN devices when the signal reception is strong enough.
- To check LoRa signal strength:
- Use a network tester (e.g. Adeunis ARF8123AA)
- You can verify signal strength online in the user web interface once the LoRaWAN device has been added and configured in the configure tab
- The table below can be used in both cases to estimate the signal strength
- If the signal is too weak: Move the original antenna out of the cabinet; use an RF extension cable with SMA connector (max. 2 meters) + 1 adhesive support to mount the antenna.
- If the signal is still too weak: Install a high-gain antenna with a maximum of 10 meters of cable; this antenna can for example be used outside or in other floors to obtain a better signal quality.
- Supported frequencies for available device types are listed in the Connect Box Data sheet (ID: A6V13605540).
Configure the protocol online
- Change LoRaWAN network frequency at https://connectbox.siemens.com if required. The actually available frequencies are restricted by the hardware type.
Proceed as follows for each LoRaWAN device:
- Add the equipment at https://connectbox.siemens.com using the configuration wizard or bulk creation mode by entering the unique PAA EUI, DEV EUI and the Application Key. Choose a unique and meaningful name.
- Save and send the configuration to the device.
- Power on and activate the equipment: Please refer to the manufacturer’s technical documentation. Please note that different activation mechanisms exist, such as NFC, and that some devices require a specific activation sequence.
- Check online that the equipment was detected, and that data is transmitted, for example via the live data tab.