No parsers are configured the first time File Connector is started. Parsers are the foundation of File Connector. The application retrieves files, processes (parses) and then exports them.
File Connector provides three types of parser configurations:
- Line parser: Generic parser that processes CSV files.
- MSCONS parser: The MSCONS parser processes input from the metered services consumption report message (MSCONS) which is used in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- AWK parser: The AWK parser is a special parser that processes files with AWK code.
File Connector processes a file with any extension as long as the extension is defined by a parser.
- New configuration: Opens dialog to configure a new parser.
- Edit: Edit parser configuration.
- Delete: Delete parser configuration.