- You are a Company Administrator.
- Log in to the API Manager (https://api.bpcloudapps.siemens.com)
- Go to Machine users > Create machine user.
- Fill out the Name and Description fields.
The maximum length of Name is 256 characters. Special characters are not allowed.
- Confirm with Save.
- The dialog box Machine user created appears.
- Copy the Client ID and Client secret and store them securely.
- The machine user you created is displayed in the list of Machine users.
Make sure you keep machine user credentials (Client ID and Client secret) confidential. Anyone having this information can access the system.
Once a machine user is created, it can be handed over to developers. This enables them to use the API without having to be a user in Building X themselves.