There are predefined roles that are available when you purchase a subscription. In general, offering-specific user roles are divided into the following categories for each offering:
- Basic: View entries and settings, edit your own user settings.
- Standard: View and edit most entries and settings, edit your own user settings.
- Advanced: Edit all settings, create new entries.
Platform roles such as Customer Administrator, Connectivity Engineer or Application Engineer can be added to these categories.
Some functions are only available with both a specific user role and Customer Administrator platform role. Platform and user roles can be combined by adding a user to both user groups.
Below is the table of preconfigured API Manager user roles and their permissions.
View API documentation
Use APIs via credentials
Try out APIs
View API Usage
Create, view and edit machine users
IMPORTANT: To create, view and edit machine users, you need the Customer Administrator platform role and the API Manager Advanced user role.
You do not have to be assigned a role if you want to utilize API. A user with Advanced user role can create a machine user for you and share it in a safe way (for example, encrypted communication). It is important to keep machine user credentials confidential since they represent the access path to Building X data.
To access and use functions in Accounts, Devices and Data Setup, you have to be a member of a user group with the following platform roles:
- Customer Administrator: Access all functions in Accounts (http://www.siemens.com/download?A6V12669212)
- To limit access to specific functions of Accounts, the following platform roles are available:
- Partition Administrator: Manage partitions.
- User Administrator: Manage users and user groups.
- Machine User Administrator: Manage machine users.
- Subscription Administrator: Manage subscriptions.
- Connectivity Engineer: Access all functions in Devices (http://www.siemens.com/download?A6V12050067)
- Application Engineer: Access all functions in Data Setup (http://www.siemens.com/download?A6V12481797)