You can define the retention periods for visitor data and visit data.
The retention period for visitor data has to be saved at least once. In Visits an inline notification informs if the retention period for visitor data has not been saved yet. The notification will only disappear if you actively save the retention period for visitor data once. Per default, retention period for visitor data and visit data is set to 365 days (1 year).
The maximum values for retention periods are.
- Visitor data: 3,650 days (10 years)
- Visit data: 7,300 (20 years)
Any system or user activity related to a visitor is logged in Activities. The retention periods for visitor data and visit data do not affect the logged activities. Activities are retained for 90 days.
- The role Visitor Manager Administrator is assigned to you.
- In vertical navigation, select Configuration > Visitors.
- Under Settings, select Retention.
- If you edit the retention for the first time and want to keep the default value 365, click Edit and click Save.
- The notification is removed.
- Otherwise, click Edit and change the number of days for retention.
- Click Save.
- Visitor data and visit data are retained for the specified retention period in the Visitors list after the last check-out of the visitor.