To synchronize the data between access control system and Security Manager, the SIPORTSync Agent needs to be installed on the SIPORT system. You can install SIPORTSync Agent on the SIPORT server or on a separate server.
Make sure that the user or user group under which the service is installed is added as a service user under Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Log on as a Service.
- You have downloaded the Sync Agent bundle from the SIOS portal (Siemens Industry Online Support).
- Run the SIPORTSyncAgentSetup.msi_1.x.x.x.msi file on the server.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard.
- Select the folder where you want to install the Sync Agent.
- Specify the SiportServiceUser user account for running the Sync Agent Windows service.
- Click Next.
- Enter the connection parameters for the SIPORT REST API.
URL of the SIPORT REST API
User name for connection to the SIPORT REST API
Password for connection to the SIPORT REST API
- Click Next.
- SIPORT Sync Agent has been installed.
For information on updating the Sync Agent software, see section Updating Sync Agent Software.
Changing Connection Parameters after Installation
- Run the SIPORTSyncAgentInstallationsdatei Setup.msi_1.x.x.x.msi file again and change the connection parameters as appropriate.
Updating Sync Agent Software
Before updating the Sync Agent software, you must always delete the existing Sync Agent installation.
- Delete the existing Sync Agent installation under Control Panel > System and Security > Programs.
- Install the new Sync Agent software.
- Sync Agent has been updated.
Modifying Proxy Settings
It may be necessary to modify proxy settings in order to access Security Manager online. Proceed as follows to modify the proxy settings:
- Open the Local Group Policy editor (open Edit Group Policy) as administrator.
Apply the proxy settings per computer, not per user.
- Select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer.
- The following dialog box opens: