- License coverage
The functions of Climatix Automation are activated by licenses, as described in the table below. CiT (continuous integration test) integration and MATLAB integration require separate add-on function licenses. The add-on license functions can be purchased and added to existing license carriers at any time.
We provide a free three-month test license for customers to try out Climatix Automation tool. The test license covers the base license as well as the additional functions ‘MATLAB integration’ and ‘CiT integration’. Please get in touch with your Siemens representative to receive this offer.
We provide a free permanent university license for non-commercial use. The university license covers the base license as well as the additional features ‘MATLAB integration’ and ‘CiT integration’. Please get in touch with your Siemens representative to receive this offer.
- Single user and network license
Climatix Automation supports a single user license as well as a network floating user license.
The single user licenses (base license and add-on features) can be bound to a PC or a license carrier USB dongle. The license carrier USB dongle needs to be purchased separately (part number S55693-L209-A100).
Using a dongle provides higher exchangeability and is highly recommended.
The network floating user license (base license and add-on features) must be bound to a license carrier USB dongle. The dongle needs to be plugged into a server. Other engineering PCs in the same network automatically get the license during the startup of the software. When the number of simultaneous users reaches the maximum number supported by this license, no additional user is granted the license.
The picture below illustrates the difference between purchasing three single licenses and three network floating user license:
- Three single user licenses need to be bound to three license carrier dongles (or PCs). In comparison, three network user licenses are bound to one license carrier dongle, plugged into the server where the users can get access to.
- Three single user licenses are used by three dedicated users. In comparison, three network user licenses are shared within a group of users (that can include more than three people) in the network and allow three simultaneous users.
Single user license
Network user license
3 single user licenses
bound to three dongles
for three dedicated users
3 network user licenses
bound to one dongle, plug into the server
for 3 simultaneous users in the network
Licenses for existing SAPRO users
Users with an existing SAPRO license can obtain a Climatix Automation license at a lower price comparing to new users. Order the upgrade licenses as listed in the following table. The SAPRO dongle number must be provided on the order form. The SAPRO XML export feature is included in the delivery.
Please note that:
- The existing SAPRO dongle continues to work as before.
- The old Sentinel SAPRO dongle cannot be used as license carrier dongle for the Climatix Automation tool. The new CodeMeter dongle needs to be purchased.
- New SAPRO dongle is switched from Sentinel to CodeMeter since July 2022. These dongles already have the Climatix Automation based single user license and SAPRO XML export feature included.
License carrier dongle
ASN / SSN
Climatix Automation license carrier dongle
ASN / SSN
Climatix Automation base single user license
Climatix Automation base network user license
Climatix Automation base single user upgrade from SAPRO
Climatix Automation base network user upgrade from SAPRO
Add-on feature licenses
Climatix Automation CiT feature single user license
Climatix Automation CiT feature network user license
Climatix Automation CiT feature single user upgrade from SAPRO
Climatix Automation CiT feature network user upgrade from SAPRO
Climatix Automation MATLAB feature single user license
Climatix Automation MATLAB feature network user license
Climatix Automation MATLAB feature single user upgrade from SAPRO
Climatix Automation MATLAB feature network user upgrade from SAPRO