There can only be one global data server per ALN.
To configure a controller as the global data server, you must be logged into that device’s web interface. The global data icon indicates that a device object that has been designated as the global data server. Object lists that display more than one global data icon indicate a Common global configuration error.
Use the following procedure to configure a device as a global data server:
- Go to Object view > Device > Infrastructure.
- The device object will appear at the top of the list. Click to open the device properties.
- Scroll down to locate the Global data server property.
- Open the drop-down menu and select Yes.
- Click to save.
- Note the ALN Name property. You will need it to configure global data client devices. The ALN Name property is case-sensitive.
- The device has been configured as a global data server.
NOTE: When the system is configured for BACnet/SC, common global follows the rules of building and floor hubs. ALNs must be engineered accordingly.