- Start Hyper-V Manager.
- Select the Virtual Machine.
- In the right pane select Virtual Switch Manager.
- Select External type of virtual switch.
- Select Create Virtual Switch.
- (Optional) Change the Name of the Virtual Switch.
- In the Connection type pane under External network select the physical adapter that is providing network to the underlying physical machine (Ethernet or Wireless).
- Select Apply and OK.
- A new Virtual Switch is created and configured.
Note that when the network interface card is configured, then it is set into bridged mode.