This chapter describes the workflow for replacing a device. This functionality covers two main use cases:
- Replacement of a defective device with a new one.
- Replacement of a device with a device of another type (example replacement of X200 with X300).
Optionally, the old device can be deleted afterwards or be kept for other purposes.
After the replacement of a device, the Edge Apps must be set up again. Edge Apps relying on Data Setup also require set up in Data Setup application.
Other Edge Apps that are not generating data ingest to Building X platform might require only minor engineering.
- Go to Sites.
- Select the site.
- Select the device (1).
- Select Add (2).
- Enter the activation key of the new device and select Validate.
- In the Add device dialog enter the activation key of the new device.
- Select Replace the old device with this one, check box.
- Select the old device from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Confirm the Custom name of your device.
- (Optional) Confirm the Custom description of your device.
- (Optional) Confirm the External ID of your device.
- Select Add.
- Continue with engineering the required Edge Apps.