- Go to Sites.
- Select the site where you want to add your device.
- Select Add.
- Enter the device activation key and select Validate.
The device activation key can be found in the device UI. The device UI is a web interface and can be accessed using local connection.
Activation key for Intelligent Valves is printed on the device.
- (Optional) Confirm the Custom name of your device.
- (Optional) Confirm the Custom description of your device.
Defining or changing custom name of the device, only affects the display name in the cloud. The Custom name and Custom description fields are optional.
- (Optional) Confirm the External identifier of your device.
The External identifier (optional) can be used for additional, customized asset tracking functionality. And also for other types of information exchange with other systems via the Building X API's. Select the External identifier that complies with the following guidelines:
• At least 8 characters.
• Letters, numbers and combinations are supported.
• Uppercase and lowercase letters are supported.
• Symbols are not supported.
- Confirm with Add.