Up to 2x 24 V battery sets can be mounted to the power supply via connectors 'Bat+' and 'Bat-'. Each 24 V battery set consists of 2x 12 V batteries and can have a capacity of up to 320 Ah.
One battery set can be mounted in PC1002-A3.
Ensure that batteries are fully charged before installation.
Bat 1 +
Battery Set 1 Plus
Bat 2 +
Battery Set 2 Plus
Bat 1 -
Battery Set 1 Minus
Bat 2 -
Battery Set 2 Minus
Bat 1 M
Battery Set 1 middle contact
Bat 2 M
Battery Set 2 middle contact
The battery wiring is very important. The wiring should introduce a minimum possible resistance into the battery circuit.
A suitable fuse should be installed close to the positive battery terminal.
It is recommended to use wires with a cross section of 25 mm2 to connect the batteries. Wires with a cross section of 16 mm2 are permissible with low capacity batteries and low current consumption when in the alarm mode.
The center of a battery set must be connected to the corresponding terminal M. This is necessary for the voltage equalization of the batteries in that battery set. Wires with a cross section of 0.75 mm2 shall be used. The connection must be protected with a fuse of 0.5...2 AF near the battery.
Battery separator/fuse, positive conductor
Battery separator/fuse, equalizing charge conductor
Battery block 1
Battery block 2
Power unit terminal
Bat 24 V 1/+
Battery +24 V
Bat 24 V 1/-
Battery – 0 V
Equalizing charge connection for battery block 1
Equalizing charge connection for battery block 2
- The battery connection cables must be as short as possible.
- The positive and negative conductors must be routed together, either slightly twisted or in a spiral cable.
- The minimum distance between two battery cable sets must be 15 cm.
- The temperature sensor must be positioned directly next to the batteries.
- The battery separator/fuse must be mounted as close as possible to the battery terminals.
- The temperature sensor and the battery separators/fuses are pre-assembled in the cabinet. The battery separators/fuses are mounted on the DIN rail.