National standards, regulations and legislation
Siemens products are developed and produced in compliance with the relevant European and international safety standards. Should additional national or local safety standards or legislation concerning the planning, mounting, installation, operation or disposal of the product apply at the place of operation, then these must also be taken into account together with the safety regulations in the product documentation.
- Work on electrical installations may only be carried out by certified electricians or by instructed persons working under the guidance and supervision of a certified electrician, in accordance with the electrotechnical regulations.
- Wherever possible disconnect products from the power supply when carrying out commissioning, maintenance or repair work on them.
- Lock volt-free areas to prevent them being switched back on again by mistake.
- Label the connection terminals with external voltage using a 'DANGER External voltage' sign.
- Route mains connections to products separately and fuse them with their own, clearly marked fuse.
- Fit an easily accessible disconnecting device in accordance with EN 62368‑1 outside the installation.
- Produce earthing as stated in local safety regulations.
Risk of injury to persons and damage to property
- Compliance with the following regulations is required.
Incorrect installation can take safety components out of operation unbeknown to a layperson.
Mounting, installation, commissioning and maintenance
- If you require tools such as a ladder, these must be safe and intended for the work in question.
- When starting the voice alarm system, make sure that no unstable states can occur.
- Make sure that all points described in the 'Testing and checking the functionality of the products' section below are observed.
- You may only put controls into normal operation once work to test and check the functionality of the products has been completed and the site has been handed over to the customer.
Testing and checking the functionality of the products
- Prevent incorrect triggering of the remote transmission.
- When you test building equipment or activate devices from third-party companies, you must liaise with the people responsible for these.
- No one must be injured and no damage to the building equipment must occur when voice alarm controls are activated for test purposes. The following instructions must be observed:
- Use the correct potential for the activation; as a rule, this will be the potential of the building equipment.
- Only check controls up to the interface (relay with blocking option).
- Make sure that only the controls to be tested are activated.
- Inform people before testing alarm systems and determine any potential panic reactions.
- Inform people of any noise or smoke emission which may occur.
- Inform the corresponding alarm and fault receiving centers before performing a test remote transmission.
Modifications to the system design and the products
Modifications to the system and to individual products may lead to faults, malfunctioning and safety risks. Written confirmation must be obtained from Siemens and the corresponding safety bodies for modifications or additions.
Components and spare parts
- Components and spare parts must comply with the technical specifications defined by Siemens. Only use products specified or recommended by Siemens.
- Only use fuses with the specified fuse characteristics.
- Wrong battery types and improper battery changing lead to a risk of explosion. Only use the same battery type or an equivalent battery type recommended by Siemens.
- Batteries must be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner. Observe national guidelines and regulations.
Disregard of the safety regulations
Before they are delivered, Siemens products are tested to ensure they function correctly when used properly. Siemens disclaims all liability for damage or injuries caused by the incorrect application of the instructions or the disregard of danger warnings contained in the documentation. This applies in particular to the following damage:
- Personal injuries or damage to property caused by improper use and incorrect application
- Personal injuries or damage to property caused by disregarding safety instructions in the documentation or on the product
- Personal injury or damage to property caused by poor maintenance or lack of maintenance