The default Administrator user profile cannot be deleted and the User name and User role fields cannot be modified.
Managing password security
To help ensure a secure operating environment, use the following password recommendations when adding user profiles:
- Create unique usernames/passwords for each user.
- Do not create a common username/password to be shared by all employees.
- Require that passwords be changed at regular intervals, such as every 45 days.
- Do not allow users to write their password on a piece of paper and attach it to their monitor or leave it where it can be easily found, such as under the keyboard.
- Remove user accounts for individuals who no longer require access or no longer work at the facility.
- Require that users create a robust/complex password.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numerals, and special characters.
- Use a minimum of 8 characters for a user account and a minimum of 12 characters for privileged accounts.
Managing user profiles
- Select Configuration > Users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Add user, complete the fields outlined in the Users fields table, and click Add user to save the user profile.
- Select an existing user profile to edit, modify the fields outlined in the Users fields table, and click to save your changes.
- Select an existing user profile to delete and then click Delete user.
Type a user name. Each user profile must have a unique User name.
Select a role from the drop-down list.
The User role controls access to functions and tools.
Select the user interface language.
Select a date format. For example, DD.MM.YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD or MM-DD-YYYY.
Select the 24h or 12h time format.