You can add the devices to use for templates by importing them in bulk, discovering them, or adding them manually.
Method 1: Bulk import
You can import from an Excel, .CSV, or Google sheet and edit the data in the Create Connectors grid. If you have IP>MSTP devices under a router, you can add additional networkNumber and macAddress columns. You can also create additional custom columns.
Not all fields are required. The table below notes the required fields.
Changing one of the field changes the other.
Name of the equipment.
Defines the IP address the BACnet device utilizes. Include port if it is other than the standard port of 47808.
Name of the site the equip will reference as siteRef.
Name of the floor the equip will reference as 'floorRef'.
The numerical identifier of the device. List of Vendors.
Defines the vendor name (name of the manufacturer). List of Vendors.
Defines the room number the device serves. It must be a number to follow the format of the location property of the device.
Instance of the device.
Name of the folder in which the connector (objectName) will be organized.
Defines the name of the connector created.
Defines the tenant name of which the area serves.
Defines the name of the AHU which the VAV equip will reference as ahuRef. The name has to start with AHU to follow the format of the description property of the device.
Defines the device application number. This number determines the type of device.
The siteName, floorName, and ahuName are part of the format of the description property of the device. The description must be in the following format: siteName.floorName.ahuName. The AHU name will only work if it starts with AHU.
The roomName and tenantName are part of the format of the location property of the device. The format is roomNumber.tenantName. The roomName has to be a number.
Defines the network number of the BACnet device.
Defines the MACaddress of the BACnet device.
Defines the hop count.
- Select Bulk Import from CSV/Excel.
- The dialog box displays.
- Select Copy to clipboard to copy that is currently in the template wizard grid.
- (Optional) In the Edit step, paste the data into a spreadsheet and edit it as necessary.
- Paste the data in the Paste text-box.
- Select OK.
Method 2: Auto-Discover
The Auto-Discover option allows you to automatically discover devices that can be used as templates.
- Select Auto-Discover.
- The Auto-Discover dialog box will display.
- Select Start Discovery.
- The Auto-Discover window will display a list of discoverable devices. A notification will appear when the devices have been discovered.
- Check the box next to the devices you want to use as templates to select them.
- Select Add selected devices.
Method 3: Add Row
The Add Row option allows you to manually enter information about a device to use it as a template.
- Select Add Row to add a row to the dialog box.
- You can select a row to display the Duplicate selected row button.
The duplicate row duplicates the added row to the end of the list.
- Select Next.