Virtual Points displays a new menu view that gives you a list of points available in that graphic and also allows you to update, format, and create a new virtual point.
① + New VirtualPoint
Allows you to create a new virtualPoint within the graphic
- Click + New VirtualPoint.
- The Add VirutalPoint dialog box displays.
- Select one of the following from the VirtualPoint Type drop-down:
Enter a default numeric value (#).
Enter a default boolean value (True or False).
Enter any string value (text).
Enter a filter, axon query, and to choose whether you want a single value or a table.
- @Filter: This section is concatenated into the Axon Query below. You can use the filter button to enter the @filter.
- Axon Query: Enter an entire Axon Query using the filter in the first section.
If you are not very advanced with Axon, enter the @filter section and leave the Axon Query section as is.
- Return Single Value checkbox: Enter a single value.
If multiple values are entered, only the first result will result in the points value.
② Update Binding
The Update Binding section allows you to update the point bindings of all the virtual points within the graphic.
- Once selected, the Update Bindings dialog box displays with all available points.
Wherever you are in the breadcrumb list will be the Update Bindings target.
- In the Points to Update Bindings section,-select which point(s) have updated bindings.
- Select how to update the point bindings. There are three options:
- Relative By Tags
- Relative by navName
For more information on what each option does, see Absolute, Relative By Tags, Relative by navName.
③ CurVal Format
The CurVal Format option allows you to format the value of what a point is returning, to some other format available from http://numeraljs.com/.
- Once selected, the CurVal Format dialog box displays with all of the available points.
- Select which points to format, and then select the format type from the available list in the drop-down menu.
- Click Next.
- The Confirm Format dialog box displays.
- Enter the format string.
- Click Apply.
- This adds the string curValFormat on the point with the selected format.