The Connectors Tree allows you to view and add new connectors in order to bring in data.
- Select > System Integrator Apps > DB Builder .
- Select the Connectors Tree.
Discover BACnet Connector
Discover allows you to discover BACnet devices on the network.
- Expand the Connectors Tree, and then expand BACnet.
- Click Discover to automatically discover the devices on the network.
- Two panes display:
- Discovered Devices: Displays available devices that can be added to Desigo Optic .
- Added Devices: Lists connectors that have been added to Desigo Optic .
- Select a time stamp to see what connectors were discovered at that time.
If you select a connector, you can add or make a template of the connector.
Address of what is being searched for.
Custom Broadcast Address
If address of what is being searched does not appear in the Broadcast Address drop-down, type it in here. You can also specify port if needed.
Address of local machine doing the discovering.
Custom Local Address
If address of local machine does not appear in the Local Address drop-down, type it in here. You can also specify port if needed.
Instance Number Start
The lowest instance to check can be configured here to narrow search results.
Instance Number End
The highest instance to check can be configured here to narrow search results.
To narrow network, you can specify it here or leave as default.
Time spent to try and discover for said devices
Deleting BACnet Connector
- To delete a connector, click .
- Click Delete to delete the connector selected.
- Click Apply.
- If you need to make changes to the current configurations already set up:
- Re-run the auto-configuration, which overrides the existing configurations.
- Manually configure each device in the manual window.
- To add a Haystack Connector, navigate to Haystack, and then click Add.
- The Add Haystack Connector dialog box displays with required fields.
- Click Add.
Enter the IP address that connects to the station.
Name to call that connector
Only points that have haystack slots will be allowed to be imported to the DB Builder.
If haystack slot = YES, filter equipment is allowed to be imported.
If haystack slot = YES, filter points that are allowed to be imported.
Username & Password
Same credentials used to login to Niagara station (or if using haystack API to connect to another project, then credentials of other project)
You can do the following to the connector:
- Edit: Make changes to the connector information.
- Delete: Delete the selected connector.
- Clone: See Clone Equipment for more information.
- Ping: Update the status.
- Debug: Displays debugging for the Haystack connector.
- Enable / Disable: Enable or disable the connector.
- Write Level: Change the default write level of the connector.
If the haystackSlot is set to FALSE and the state to Closed, select the Ping button to establish a connection.
If the connector does not change, there might be an issue with the information that was stated. You can edit your haystack connection by clicking Edit.
If you are experiencing the same issue even after making the changes, you can visit the Haystack Troubleshooting guide to help resolve the issue.