Operations Manager allows you to view tags defined for each data point in the Building Operator Discovery application. These tags assist in searching and filtering data points on a site by point categorization in addition to data point name or data point descriptions.
For example, to search for all data points related to temperature, in the Operations Manager search field select “Tags” and from the available tags list, select “temp” (Temperature). All the data points related to temperature display.
Tags standardize data and provide a method for semantic tagging and data modelling in smart buildings.
Tags added in Building Operator Discovery (BOD) do not appear in the Operations Manager application until there is a change-of-value (COV) on that specific data point. An Administrator can manually override the data point value to push the changes to Building Operator Discovery or restart the Connect devices.
The following are supported tags:
- Marker - A one-word string value that describes the role(s) of the data point. For example, a data point could be a temp setpoint so it would have both a "temp" and a "sp" marker tag.
- A Meter tag is an example of a Marker tag used for accumulator data types, such as heating and cooling.
- Property – A one-word string with a value associated with it. In Haystack, the tag is called a “Value” tag.
Once you add data points to a device in Building Operator Discovery (BOD), you can configure and tag them to meet specific criteria. BOD automatically applies some tags based on the data point type.
For more information:
- On creating tags and associating them to data points, see the Operations Manager Engineering guide > Adding Tags to Data Points.
- For overall information on tags and a complete list of tags, please see the Project Haystack website.