Tags standardize data and provides a method for semantic tagging and data modeling in smart buildings.
Operations Manager allows you to view tags defined for each data point in the Building Operator Discovery (BOD) application. These tags assist in searching and filtering data points on a site by categorizing points in addition to data point name or data point descriptions.
For example, to search for all data points related to temperature in the Operations Manager search field, select “Tags” and from the available tags list, select “temp” (Temperature). All the data points related to temperature display.
Tags added in BOD do not appear in the Operations Manager application until there is a change-of-value (COV) on that specific data point. An Administrator can manually override the data point value to push the changes to Building Operator Discovery or restart the Connect devices.
The following are supported tags:
- Marker: A one-word string value that describes the role(s) of the data point. For example, a data point could be a temp setpoint so it would have both a "temp" and an "sp" marker tag.
- A Meter tag is an example of a Marker tag used for accumulator data types, such as heating and cooling.
- Property: A one-word string with a value associated with it. In Haystack, the tag is called a “Value” tag.
Once you add data points to a device in Building Operator Discovery (BOD), you can configure and tag them to meet specific criteria. BOD automatically applies some tags based on the data point type.
- On creating tags and associating them to data points, see the Building X Building Operator Discovery Onboarding guide > Adding Tags to Data Points or the Building X Data Setup User Guide.
- For overall information on tags and a complete list of tags, please see the Project Haystack website.