This section will cover how to use a Niagara AX or Niagara 4 Framework device with Operations Manager.
Building Operator Discovery has been tested with Niagara AX3.8 and Niagara 4.10.2/4.11.1 versions. Compatibility with older versions of Niagara have not been tested.
For additional information regarding Niagara devices and nHaystack in Building Operator Discovery, see the following: https://finproducts.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FINFramework/pages/770708023/NHaystack.
Installing the latest nHaystack module
Before using a Niagara device with Building Operator Discovery, you will need to install nHaystack jar modules to your device. To install these modules, follow the steps below.
- In the Niagara workbench:
- Download the latest nHaystack.jar module(s) for your Niagara device.
- For Niagara AX, download here: https://stackhub.org/package/nHaystackAx
- For Niagara 4, there are two modules: nHaystack-rt and nHaystack-wb. Download here: https://stackhub.org/package/nHaystack
- Drag the nHaystack.jar file into your modules folder.
You may need to close/stop your station/workbench in order to add this file to your modules folder.
- Drag the NHaystackService folder from your Palette into the Services section.
- Restart your station.
- Once the station is running, run the following actions in the NHaystackService Folder:
- NHaystackService > Actions > Initialize Haystack
- NHaystackService > Actions > Rebuild Cache
- NHaystackService > Actions > Remove Broken Refs
To test the connection of your device, type <niagaraStationIP>/haystack/about into your browser.
Adding your Niagara device using a nHaystack connector
After installing the nHaystack modules, you can now add your device to Building Operator Discovery. To add a Niagara Framework device via nHaystack connector, follow the steps below.
- In Building Operator Discovery:
- Expand Connectors and select Haystack.
- Click Add.
- Type in the appropriate information in the ensuing pop-up.
- URI: Enter the IP address that connects to the station. The URI scheme must be in the following format: http://host/haystack/
- Display Name: Enter the desired name for the connector.
- Haystack Slot (optional): Only points that have haystack slots will be imported into DB Builder. This is applicable if you are dragging in data through the Site folder under haystack connector.
- Equip Filter (optional): If haystack slot = YES, then filter equipment can be imported.
- Point Filter (optional): If haystack slot = YES, then filter points can be imported.
- Username and password: Same credentials that are used to log in to the station.
- Once you are connected, you'll be able to see the same structure as you do in Niagara through the Component Space.