This section will cover how to create a device hierarchy in Building Operator Discovery, and the recommended way to organize your equipment. Prior to organizing your equipment, you will have to add a site in the Equip Tree.
Before you organize the device view, first change the time zone in My Site to the time zone your device resides in. To do so:
- IMPORTANT! Add or change the country and time zone. This is the time zone you set for points – and their associated historical data – in Operations Manager. The field is called “tz.”
- Once you’ve set the site to the right time zone, you can create a new floor object. However, before you create a new floor object, you must set the right context in the navigation pane. To do so:
- Select the Site name.
- Find and select the (+) icon at the bottom of the navigation tree. Select Add Floor.
- In the pop-up, type to in the Floor Name field and give your site a unique name.
- Select Create when finished.
- Close the property editor to proceed.
The floor structure will not appear in Operations Manager. The hierarchy you create is used to organize and engineer items in Building Operator Discovery.