The following backup steps apply to Building Operator Discovery projects in general. For projects using Modbus connectors there is an additional procedure to back-up the Register Maps. See, Modbus Connectors: Backing-up the register map(s).
- From the menu, select Folio in the Building Operator Discovery menu. Select Menu.
For more information on Folio in Building Operator Discovery, see the Building Operator Discovery documentation.
- In the Folio pane, select Snapshots.
- From the menu, select Make Snapshot.
- Once the loading bar reaches 100 percent, your database snapshot displays directly below the menu in the Folio pane.
- Select the Folio snapshot name you want to back up to your computer, and then select one of the following:
- Restore: This will upload the same version of the database you created when you made a snapshot. See below for instructions on how to properly restore.
- Backup: This will save the database locally to your device in a Zip file.
- Delete: This will remove the folio snapshot of the database.
- Select Backup. Save the zip file to a safe location on your computer for a later restore.
- If you are creating a backup of a project using Modbus connectors, to complete the backup, go to the next procedure: Modbus Connectors: Backing-up the register maps(s).
- If you are not creating a backup of a project using Modbus connectors, your backup is complete.
Modbus Connectors: Backing-up the register map(s)
After creating and saving the project snapshot in Building Operator Discovery, do the following additional steps to save and backup the Register Map source for a Modbus connector:
NOTE: The CSV backup file created in this procedure must match the current name of the Register Maps for the Modbus devices in your project.
- From the DB Building project tree, select Connectors > Modbus > Register Maps > <MyMap>.
NOTE: <MyMap> is the name of a register map for one of the Modbus devices in your project.
- Select Edit Source at the bottom of the pane.
- The Edit Source dialog box displays.
- Copy the Register Map source to the clipboard.
- Save the clipboard data to a CSV file, named: <MyMap>.csv.
NOTE: "MyMap" is the name of the register map for the Modbus device selected in Step 1.
- Repeat for each register map as required.
- Keep the CSV file(s) together with the project snapshot file.
- When you are ready to restore your project backup, you will also have to restore the register map file(s). See, Modbus Connectors: Restoring the register map(s).