If you’re configuring a multi-state alarm that has multiple values, you need to know which of these values to manually add to trigger an alarm.
To determine this, please complete the instructions below:
- Open and launch DB Builder from the Building Operator Discovery applications menu.
- Navigate to and select the multi-state point on the appropriate device.
- Find and select the information icon (i), above the Point Name field. Scroll down to find the enum property. To the right, you’ll find the multi-state point values, listed in ascending order (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.).
- Once you’ve determined which value(s) you’d like to manually add, navigate to the Alarm Config application.
- Enter the multi-state value in the Alarm State Text field. Note that spacing is critical in this field. If you enter a multi-state field value with incorrect spacing, the alarm will not work. Use a semicolon to separate state text.
- Select OK.