When configuring alarms in Building Operator Discovery, there are a few nuances you should be aware of. First, if you’re configuring a Boolean alarm that has different values than “True” or “False,” you need to know how to determine which of these binary values are true, and which is false.
To determine this, please complete the instructions below:
- Open and launch DB Builder from the Building Operator Discovery applications menu.
- Navigate to and select the Boolean point on the appropriate device, within the device hierarchy.
- Find and select the information icon (i), above the Point Name field.
- Scroll down to find the enum property.
- Once you’ve determined the correct value, navigate back to the Alarm Config application (we recommend opening two separate browser tabs).
- Select the check box next to the appropriate point.
- Select the Boolean data point filter, select Boolean Alarm in the Alarm Configuration drop-down, then select Add/Edit.
- Select either True or False, depending on the alarm value you want to set.
- Select OK to proceed.