Cases where you want to maintain your data and your site/project:
- Edit an existing site/project. Edit an existing site/project without adding automation stations or new features.
- Extend the site with new devices of the same type, while keeping the same old application version, and not using new features.
- Replace a defect automation station with a new device of the same kind, where the old application can be reused, e.g., replace a PX with a PX, a PXC3 with a PXC3, a DXR2 with a DXR2.
- The downgrade of automation station firmware is a potential security risk. Doing so is strongly discouraged.
- Benefit from the latest security releases. Upgrade the firmware of the devices. Keep the applications as they are.
Prerequisites for upgrading from Desigo V6.2 Update 4 to V6.3 (Offline)
- The XWP V6.3 Tool and library and the ABT V4.3 Site/Pro Tool and libraries are installed.
- For details, see the release notes for the applicable tool: XWP, ABT Pro, and ABT Site.
- The needed RC local library V6.3 is installed.
- For details, contact your local Tool Manager.
- You have the project data and the credentials for the project you want to work on.
- The project data conversion from V6.2 Update 4 to V6.3 happens automatically.
- When you open an XWP project, the XWP project is converted automatically.
- When you open an automation station in XWP, the CFC data is converted automatically.
- When you navigate to ABT Site, the conversion is done automatically.
Once XWP data and/or ABT data have been converted, you may not open the project with an old tool version.
The new TIA15.1 version is included with the ABT V4.3 Tools installation. Conversion is needed.
For details, see Project Converter Wizard (CM110633en28_06).
How to upgrade from Desigo V6.2 Update 4 to V6.3 (Online)
- Upgrade the automation stations firmware to the latest version or replace the automation station with a new automation station.
- Read back the parameters of the device with the tool, when the device is available for readback.
- Check the availability of the latest firmware per device in the VVS table.