Operation and monitoring
The key functions at the management level are operation and monitoring of the plant, including:
- Graphics-based operation of the plant
- Cross-site alarm generation and alarm transfer
- Maintenance of a long-term log
- Storage and graphical display of trend data
- Graphics-based operation of time schedules
- Display, navigation and modification of data objects, which are displayed in a hierarchical tree structure
- Visual monitoring of the operation of primary plants (monitoring to reduce energy consumption and wear and tear)
- Visual monitoring of the rooms (HVAC, lights and blinds)
- Reporting function including energy reports
- Centralized time control and calendar functions
- Event program: Triggering system reactions based on system events
What is operation and monitoring?
Operation and monitoring encompasses all the interaction between a user and the plant via the building automation and control system.
Observing the operational status of the plant or building
Reading current values of all process variables, data objects and parameter settings
Receiving and acknowledging alarms
Overview of all pending alarms
Recording and analyzing trends
Observing the operational status of the building automation and control system
Overview of failed automation stations and network interruptions
Signaling of anormal hardware or software states in an automation station or in the associated field devices
Manipulating the operational status of the plant or building
Modifying parameter settings (e.g., setpoints of control programs)
Setting values for physical outputs of automation stations
Modifying system and management objects, especially calendars and time schedules
Devices for operation and monitoring
The following devices let you operate and monitor the system:
- Desigo CC management platform either locally and/or with web operation
- PXM touch panels and operating devices
Operation and monitoring types
There are four operation and monitoring types:
- Generic operation
- Limited (station-specific) generic operation
You can limit the generic view to one or more selected automation stations (including alarm display).
- Engineered (project-specific) operation
You can generate a project-specific view in the engineering phase.
- Limited (user-specific) operation in Desigo CC
Desigo CC can be installed on one computer, with full server and client functionality, or on several separate computers. Web Clients, Windows App (ClickOnce) Clients and installed Clients can be added.
Desigo CC can operate and monitor the automation level via a public network.