- Make sure that you are using the original Siemens 'Sinteso Test' app from the 'Google Play Store'.
As of version 4.0.0, the 'Sinteso Test' app is only available via the 'Google Play Store' and will no longer be provided via SAA (Smart App Access).
- You have a smartphone or mobile terminal with access to the 'Google Play Store'.
- Your smartphone or mobile terminal must not be rooted.
- The internal Android encryption function must be activated on your smartphone or mobile terminal.
Information: You will find more information on the internal Android encryption function and on setting up an encryption password under Requirements for operation.
Installing 'Sinteso Test'
- Open the 'Google Play Store' on your device.
- Select the 'Sinteso Test' app and install it.
- The required authorizations are displayed.
- To accept the authorizations and install 'Sinteso Test', press 'Install'.
- 'Sinteso Test' is installed.
- For devices with Android version <10, 'Sinteso Test' creates a '/Documents/Sinteso Test' folder on the internal memory card.
For devices with Android version ≥10, perform the steps below.
- To accept '/Documents/Sinteso Test' as the name for the App Data Folder, press 'Create'.
- Select the suggested 'Documents' directory.
- Press 'Use this folder'.
- 'Sinteso Test' creates a '/Documents/Sinteso Test' folder on the internal memory card.
The first time the 'Sinteso Test' app is launched, an app password or PIN must be defined which is then saved securely.
There is the option to simplify the authentication process the next time the app is launched by activating the fingerprint scanner, if this is available and has not been deactivated.
Reauthentication is required following a timeout. A timeout occurs after 15 minutes of inactivity by default. The inactivity period can however be configured in the settings and set to between 5 minutes and 4 hours.